By LOUIS FLORES
The Queens Anti-Gentrification Project and Progress Queens are co-sponsoring a moderated discussion on Monday, 04 December, about money, power, and politics of Queens Democrats at LaGuardia Community College. The moderated discussion is open to public, who can R.S.V.P. to attend the moderated discussion on the Facebook event page.
The discussion promises to address the role of money in politics, corruption, and gentrification, according to the Facebook event page, noting, with some specificity, that certain office holders would be examined during the discussion. "From Queens Democrats like Joe Crowley and Jimmy Van Bramer to the district attorney and real estate developers, this panel will look at the current political landscape, while highlighting issues of money in politics, as well as corruption and transparency on other issues," the discussion's organisers stated on the Facebook event page.
The moderated discussion will be held at LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City.
- District Attorneys ignore political corruption just as much as police corruption [Progress Queens]
- Preet Bharara describes corruption in New York as "systemic," overlooks do-nothing District Attorneys [Progress Queens]
- Since 2010, the U.S. Attorneys' Offices in NYC have prosecuted 54 cases of public corruption [Progress Queens]
- DSCC questions about Parkside continue, but Queens DA remains silent [Progress Queens]
- Federal and Municipal prosecutors tight-lipped after exposé of Queens law firm [Progress Queens]
- Despite high number of Federal prosecutions of Queens officials, political influence over Courts remains unmoved [Progress Queens]
- With seemingly endless public corruption scandals in Queens, one goes overlooked [Progress Queens]